Sunday, December 31, 2017

Arise unto newness of life...

 For most people, a new year signifies a chance for a fresh start. Jesus offers the only worthwhile fresh start.

 This is what happens after baptism. You went under the water, signifying death to the old life of sin, subject to satan. You were brought up out of the water, signifying rebirth to a new life, willfully submitting to Christ, by His power, to live for Him, no longer controlled by satan.

 I prayed today before I started on my rounds to town for fire blocks and groceries. I usually dread the crowded streets and grumpy people. Today was different. Before I even got out of my car a gentleman asked if I needed help, as I was getting my chair out and putting the wheels on. I turned to answer and said no, he smiled , wishing me a good day and happy new year. This was the start of many more folks offering help with big smiles, cheerful attitudes and good wishes. Back to the house to unload and get the truck for the trip to Morristown Aldi's for groceries. Once again, many offers to help, took up some of them to reach items for me that I could not, always they smiled big and good wishes followed. Another handful of folks offered help putting the groceries in the truck for me. When the last lady started handing the last items from the cart to me, it struck me what had happened to make this trip SO very different. I remembered my prayer at the start... God was showing me why HE has hope for this troubled world. Like Elijah, when he was fleeing Jezebel for fear of his life, when he said "I alone am left!" God said, "Not so, I have reserved unto me 7000 in Israel who have not bowed the knee unto Baal."

 I am accustomed to telling people I got it, I just make it look hard, and laugh. This day, God had me slow down and listen, and see that they were taking joy from being able to share the burden with a fellow struggler, in this harsh world. I offered up prayers for each of these and other folks during this days journey. Not MUCH different from other days like this. But THIS day, God revealed a bit more of the interactions to me, seeing it from THEIR side. In contrast to my side, not trying to be a burden to anyone.


Galatians 6:2 "Bear ye one another's burdens, and so fulfill the law of Christ."
 
 That law being,
"Love your neighbor as yourself."
 
Principle understood more fully... Thank you Father. 
  

No comments:

Post a Comment

UPDATE moved to TX...

 Today is 4 Feb 2019. I moved to TX last Feb near the end of the month, had to go back twice to get my belongings but I considered it perman...